Montessori & Day Nursery
Unit C, Capstone Road
Monday – Friday: 07:00 – 19:00
Drop-Off Directions & Parking
The nursery is located on Capstone Road in Gillingham.
Situated on Elm Court Estate, the nursery has its own car park with plenty of spaces for drop off/ pick up.
Prima Montessori & Day Nursery
Prima Montessori, rated Good by Ofsted (July 2022), offers a Montessori inspired approach to childcare with the Early Years Foundation Stage national curriculum.
Our key focus is to prepare children so they are ready for school, encouraging learning through play, with the support of warm and friendly childcare experts. Parents say they love the family feel that we have here.
Based at Elm Court in Capstone Road, with plenty of parking on site, we care for children from birth to 5 years and have become a highly recommended childcare setting within the area.
We have on-site parking available for easy access and convenience.
We have CCTV installed within the nursery to ensure the safety and security of all our children and staff.
Meals & Snacks
We provide healthy meals and snacks as well as fresh water and milk. Our menus are seasonal and are certified by a children’s dietician ensuring the right balance of ingredients for the children. All dietary requirements are catered for by our professional chefs.
Our outdoor space offers an environment to explore and develop and provides a place where imagination comes to life.
Our nursery has access to ICT screens for educational purposes and interactive lessons.
Fees & Availability
Nursery fees are dependent on the age of your child and your specific childcare requirements. Funding options are available, including the government’s 15 and 30 hours funded childcare, and we also accept the Government Tax Free Childcare Scheme and childcare vouchers.
To request pricing and availability, please call us or complete the request a call back form below.
How we learn at Prima Montessori & Day Nursery
- Our baby room offers a home from home environment for babies to begin their nursery journey
- We offer as many settling in sessions as you and your child need to feel safe and happy in a new environment. This is the start of us building a long-standing relationship with your family, ensuring secure bonds between child and nursery team
- We offer a stimulating environment and a variety of resources for our babies to explore, develop and discover through play
- Our sensory area is a key feature in our baby room, giving children the opportunity to develop their senses
- In our reading corner the children have access to a library of books and stories, music, and rhymes introducing early literacy and communication skills
- We promote movement and balance, and focus on early wellbeing awareness and relaxation exercises.
- Our toddler room is the next stage on the nursery journey, children can thrive as they become more independent and curious
- We feel it is important to offer a range of natural resources and provide plenty of messy play opportunities to encourage learning through creative play
- In our library area we have a selection of age-appropriate reading resources to encourage communication and develop language and literacy skills
- Being part of the local community is important and we regularly take the children on walks around the local area
- We encourage independence and free thinking by allowing the children to choose and lead activities, carefully guided by our practitioners
- Our children become confident in developing their imaginative skills through small world and role play
- We promote physical creativity through music and movement which is key in helping to develop children’s fine motor skills.
- Our preschool environment allows for more focussed learning and supports ‘school readiness’ through a wide range of quality resources and equipment that promote all areas of the EYFS
- We embed maths and literacy into everyday routines providing opportunities for letter and number recognition
- We give encouragement and praise to our children inspiring them to investigate and be curious of the world around them
- We promote an inclusive environment where we take part in a variety of cultural and international celebrations
- We provide opportunities through Montessori inspired play which encourages a holistic, self-paced and experimental approach to learning
- We provide a dedicated space for children to learn in smaller groups, to focus on learning life skills, preparing the children for their next step into school
- In our garden children can wander, climb, splash, and run in our educationally designed outdoor learning area
- Whatever we do indoors can also be taken outside for children to enjoy and they take part in activities based on their interests and abilities
- Our garden is essential for healthy development and wellbeing and our outdoor equipment encourages physical development and challenges
- Our outdoor space allows children to understand and take risks which helps to build their confidence, independence, and eagerness to learn
- Our children are introduced to important life skills and encouraged to try new things through activities such as role play, water play and investigative play
- We promote a ‘grow your own’ initiative providing spaces in our garden for children to plant their own vegetables, herbs, plants, and flowers
- We use natural materials such as sand and mud to promote discovery and imaginative play.
Hi, I’m Toni O’Brien and have worked at Prima for 19 years and for the past 13 years as Nursery Manager. I have an NVQ3 in childcare and working in partnership with parents, I ensure the smooth running of the nursery on a day-to-day basis. I am the Designated Safeguarding Lead.
I have attended Eat Better, Start Better, health nutrition training and ensure that children have healthy and well-balanced meals.
Hi, my name is Amy and I am the deputy manager working alongside Toni. I have been here at Prima Montessori for 8 years starting off as a Level 3 apprentice and then working my way up to Room Leader, Third in charge and then Deputy.
I help with the day to day running of the nursery from opening and closing the building, liaising with parents, visits for new parents, maintaining ratio and supporting staff. I specialise in the under 2’s age group and oversee their reports ready to take to their 2 year reviews with their health visitor. I am the wellbeing champion at Prima, a designated safeguarding lead and have Level 2 in understanding Autism.
Our nursery has a lovely family feel which makes it a wonderful place for your child to grow, learn and play. We have a passionate team, who aim to create something special and different, ensuring all children are nurtured, cared for, and inspired with their individual needs in mind.
We have a dedicated senior team who support the nursery management in striving for delivering excellence by enriching home from home environments with an expertly trained team.
All staff complete comprehensive training, further developing their knowledge and understanding of children’s development, covering all key aspects in keeping children safe.
We can provide advice and support for all our families on a vast range of topics by pulling together our combined experience.
Food & Nutrition
Our delicious, healthy and nutritious food is sourced from trusted suppliers and prepared and cooked by our onsite chef. All dietary and religious needs are met.
Our experienced team would love to meet you and your little one, so book a visit today and we will show you everything our nursery has to offer during your own personal tour at a time to suit you.
Join us at our next Open Day
Saturday 16th March, 9am-1pm
Call Back Request
If you would like us to give you a call back at a time which is more convenient for you, please fill in the form below.